|Corfast Bulbtite rivets
|Bulb-tite® rivets differ from standard blind rivets because they form
3 folded legs on the blind-side when upset.
The 3 legs provide a large blind-side footprint and high clamp load.
Bulb-tite® rivets are ideally suited for fastening soft or sensitive
Large hole tolerance, variable material thickness and uneven surfaces are, in most applications, no problem for Bulb-tite®. Installed parts are vibration resistant and high strength.
When fitted with neoprene washers Bulb-tite® rivets can be made air and watertight. Installing with a special nosepiece positively retains pins. Bulb-tite® rivets have been used for many years in the commercial vehicle, roofing, cladding and many other industries.
• installed from one side - no access to blind-side required
• simple installation - pin breaks flush or just below surface of head
• positive retention of pin after installation
• wide grip range - reduces parts inventory
• corrosion resistant materials - aluminium and zinc passivated steel
• vibration resistant through patented design
• very low radial pressure applied to hole - does not damage surface finish of application material
• versatility - can be used in flat or curved components
• watertight when used with neoprene washer
Hole tolerance: Correct installation is possible even if the holes are slightly offset (as long as the rivet can be inserted through both components).
Blind rivets: Can be installed in applications that may only be accessed from one side.
Break pin: Installation is complete when the mandrel breaks flush or just below the head.
Clamp load: Positive retention of the pin and the 3 blind-side folded legs provide a very high clamp load.